Care and Maintenance Instructions for Exterior Shades
We would like to thank you for choosing EX Design Group to help you create your outdoor living design project. We offer a one (1) year warranty for installation, in addition to the manufacturer’s product warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact us if your shades require adjustment during this time period. Should you require assistance outside of our installation warranty, our standard service call rates will apply.
Non-Transferable Limited Warranty for Shade Components
- Exterior shade system parts are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase.
- Electric motors are guaranteed for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase under a separate manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Other electric equipment is guaranteed for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase under a separate manufacturer’s warranty.
- All screen fabrics are warranted by the textile manufacturer under a separate manufacturer’s warranty for a period of up to five (5) years depending on the fabric choice. Their warranty usually covers the replacement cost of the yardage of fabric only. Labor and freight charges related to a fabric replacement are not covered under this warranty. ALL CLEAR VINYL FABRIC IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
The foregoing warranty shall NOT be in effect in the event that:
- The system is not paid for in a timely manner and in accordance with payment terms.
- The system or any part of it is damaged by any act of nature including, but not limited to hurricanes, gales, tornadoes, wind, snow, sleet, hail, rain, flood, fire or any other similar or dissimilar condition, or by normal wear and tear.
- The system is damaged due to lack of cleaning or maintenance, whether routine or otherwise.
- The system or any part of it is damaged by vandalism, improper use, and accumulation of weight or heavy loads on the system.
- Systems with sun and wind sensors are damaged due to wind or rain.
We have put together some care and maintenance instructions to help your system maintain optimal functionality. Please take the time to read these instructions and feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
We recommend that you perform routine maintenance and cleaning for your system and we are available to provide this as an additional service. Simply contact us at 972.360.6490 or email us at email@example.com for a quote.
Your shades are built of unique products that offer the highest quality and longest lifespan. Thanks to their construction and the materials used, routine maintenance is minimal, thus allowing users to keep the shades perfectly functional and attractive by just following some simple rules and guidelines.
One of the most important things:
Remember in the care of your system is to never raise or lower your shades when the outside temperature is 40 degrees or colder. If, when the temperature drops to 40 degrees or colder and your shades are UP – they must REMAIN UP – until the temperature rises again. If, when the temperature drops to 40 degrees or colder and your shades are DOWN – they must REMAIN DOWN – until the temperature rises again. The material tends to stick to itself and if forced to raise or lower, it could possibly damage the shade.
- When lowering shades with manual operation, it is very important to stop turning the hand crank mechanism as soon as the shade touches the ground. Over extension of the shade may cause damage to the shade or side channels.
- Damage to the shade fabric or system caused by animals, domestic or otherwise, is excluded from warranty.
- The interior of the shade side channels is made of plastic and is designed to prevent the shade from sliding out. Please observe the following.
- About once every two years, lubricate the channel with a food-base silicone product. DO NOT use any petroleum-based products or WD40 as these will damage both the shade and track.
- AVOID lowering the shades in the event of strong winds.
- Once per year in normal weather conditions – you should wash the inside of the side channels with a jet of water and if possible, use a brush to remove any traces of dirt. If you are in an area exposed to sea air – the side channels should be washed once per month, making sure to remove all traces of dirt and/or incrusted salt.
- Please observe the following when cleaning sheer or insect screen fabric.
- At the end of every season, lower the shade and DELICATELY brush it, with a SOFT bristled brush. Use light pressure, so as not to tear it.
- Please observe the following when cleaning crystal clear fabric.
- The shade should be washed two or three times a year to help avoid deposits from dust and smog from accumulating and becoming hardened by the heat of the sun.
- The best way to wash the shade is to start by adding a neutral detergent with water and spray onto the shade. Leave this product on, to work for a few minutes. After a few minutes, use a sponge to remove dirt without applying too much mechanical pressure. If too much pressure is applied the shade may deform.
- To avoid making the shade opaque, DO NOT use abrasive sponges OR abrasive detergents OR alcohol to clean.